AVRCP with HTC Music Player

May 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Hi Avian,

I know you're aware of the new Bluetooth driver that finally broke the link between Bluetooth AVRCP and Windows Media Player, and that has been confirmed to work with Windows Mobile 6.1. Since installing the driver on my device though (I have an HTC Fuze w/WM 6.5 & Rhodium Manila), AVRCP still doesn't work with HTC Music Player when detached. When I press the skip track button, or pause, I hear a slight break in the music, but it never initiates the actual command in the player.

So I was wondering, is there a way to somehow incorporate a 'generic' AVRCP driver in TFDetacher that'll allow this to work? It seems that all other players that support AVRCP now work 'correctly' with the device, except for the Manila player. There has to be a way to bridge the gap, right?

Here's hoping . . .

T-Back

EDIT: Apparently this issue is unrelated to TFDetacher.  The new BT driver apparently 'detaches' HTC Music Player from AVRCP somehow. There must be a way to get that functionality back, and if so, it should mean that TFDetacher will also work with AVRCP & Music Player correctly.