Conflict with ssmapa?

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Thanks a lot! Still have the 1.0.0.3 working - update will follow asap:)

Just one remark. I have used the manila tweak-pgm 'ssmapa' to get icontact in the TF3D Contacts. But when using TF-Detacher this is out of function, although it is still in the settings. Because when I stop TFD the tweak works again.

Just a small issue for getting the today-sreen so fast and perfect, but perhaps you have an idea?

My "workaround" so far is to set icontacts to the today screen ;)

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Can you provide me with a little more detail?  First, what does "out of function" mean?  What does ssmapa do exactly?  I appreciate it.

I use icontact too.  I love it!
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM
First to ssmapa - here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777

It manages to tweak TF3D to start a different program than coded in manila. I used it to get icontact instead of pocketoutlook-contacts. I suppose that the detacher works as a kind of bypass so the tweak doesn't work as long as the detacher is used. Sorry but I cannot explain better due to my little knowledge in programming.
As I see ssmapa is very often used in the "TF3D-world" ...
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 7:51 PM
So when you use TFD, and you click on "all contacts" it brings up the old contacts menu intead of icontact?

Do you happen to know if ssmapa uses an alternate EXE name after applying tweaks?  Like instead of manila.exe it becomes manila_tweaked.exe or something?
Feb 24, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Avianwaves wrote:

So when you use TFD, and you click on "all contacts" it brings up the old contacts menu instead of icontact?”

Yes exactly!

But whether they us an other manila.exe I don’t know. But under their explanation for rom-cookers (see link in my last post) they write “You don't have to softreset your device, simply touch on today and the new manila.exe will start” so it might be possible.

For me personally the priority has dropped a lot! The reason why I wanted the today screen was another program, which seems to be still in a too early beta-phase for me. So I have to be patient anyway.

But perhaps my input helped you to improve TFD in an early state. Besides this “other manila theme” it worked absolute perfect for me!

Regards,

Udo

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 2:20 AM
From what i've seen about ssmapa, it does overwrite manila.exe, but it doesn't rename it.  So, i have no idea how TFD would interfere with that operation.  It might be worth bringing this up in the ssmapa discussion and seeing if anybody there has any ideas.
Mar 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Thanks – as I’ve just read that the ssmapa-the programmer is working on a new version with a different approach. So perhaps it is already solved or he can consider it. I’ll post it there.

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Please do.  I'm interested in what happens with that app anyway :-)

I'd use it if it didn't unsign and dink around with the EXE.  I'm just paranoid ;-)
Mar 6, 2009 at 6:24 AM
Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777&page=51

As I understood the new version will work on a quite different way. So I really hope this will solve this issue.